- Solution #2: Reformat microSD card and restart backup.*
Begin by unplugging both your device and Qubii from the lightning cable and then perform a device restart. Once your device has rebooted, reconnect your device and Qubii to the lightning cable. Open the Qubii app and do a full backup.
*Please Note: If you are using a third party cable, you may need to use an officially licensed iPhone lightning cable that is different from the one you are currently using.
If you are still receiving this error message, please try Solution #2.
*Please note: It may take longer for the initial full backup. Please DO NOT disconnect the power cord while Qubii is backing up. If you need to stop the back up for any reason, tap the "STOP" button on the Qubii app to safely disconnect it from the device.
Solution #2: Reformat microSD card and restart backup.*
STEP 1: Reformat your microSD card.
STEP 2: Delete all backup records from the Qubii app.
STEP 3: Restart your iPhone and try backing up again from the beginning.
Reformatting the microSD card will verify that there is no corrupt data on the card that could have caused this error.
Formatting Methods for MicroSD Card:
- Connect Qubii to your Windows PC.
- Right click on the Qubii folder once it appears or find the Qubii folder in the File Explorer under "This PC".
- Select "Format"
- A new window will appear where you can choose the file system. Select exFAT.
- Plug Qubii into your Mac.
- Launch Disk Utility, located in Applications > Utilities.
- Locate the drive named "Qubii" from the left-hand side of Disk Utility and click on it.
- Click on the “Erase” tab across the top.
*MAKTAR REMINDER: Please remember that formatting a microSD card will permanently delete all the data stored on the card. If there is any previously stored data on the microSD card, please backup your data to a computer before formatting.
After reformatting you should delete previous backup records to reset the Qubii app in order to start completely back up all files again.
How do I delete backup records in the Qubii app?
In the Qubii app > tap the top-right "settings" icon > Backup Details > Reset backup records
If you are still having trouble, please contact the Maktar Customer Support Center for further assistance.
Customer Support Contact Information:
Qubii Pro App: App -> Select upper-left chat icon -> Contact US
Facebook Messenger: m.me/maktar.inc