In order to identify the source of the -5 error message, we require your assistance in performing the following tests:
1. Try restarting your phone and reconnect
- Start by completely closing the app（How to close an app）
- Restart your device
- Reconnect Piconizer to your device
⚠️If the issue persists, please proceed with the following tests:
2. Can Piconizer be recognized when connected to the computer?
- If your computer can recognize it but your phone cannot, the issue might be related to your device's firmware IPSW.
- if it's not recognized by your computer, it could be a hardware problem with the Piconizer. In that case, please contact us for a replacement.
3. Did the problem persist when you attempted to back up using another person's device?
- If another device can detect the device while yours cannot, the issue might be related to a firmware IPSW problem on your device, which can be resolved through a restore.
- If another device also fails to connect, this could indicate a hardware problem with the Piconizer. In such cases, please reach out to us for a replacement.
If it's found that there may be an issue with the device firmware preventing it from working with external drives or third-party products, we recommend updating your device's IPSW. After the update, your data backup should function normally.
How to restore your device’s firmware IPSW？
Please follow the instructions below:
- Backup your iOS device through iTunes before resetting your device to factory settings.
- Restore your iOS device to factory settings
- Restore data from iTunes back to your device
If the procedure above is too complicated, please bring your phone to an Apple authorized store. The staff will assist you in restoring the firmware.
Please note: Updating the IPSW will set your device to the default setting. Be sure to backup your device data to your computer before formatting.
If the issue persists, please contact Maktar Customer Support Center for further assistance.