My Qubii App keeps disconnecting while backing up. What should I do?
If you experience this kind of disconnecting issue, please follow the steps below to test your Qubii.
1. First connect your iPhone with Qubii and turn on the Qubii APP. Select "maybe later" to disable the backup. For 1 minute, do not use your iPhone. Afterwards, check to see if your Qubii App disconnected or not.
If the answer is yes, this means Qubii is not defective. Please try a different charging cable and try backing up again.
If the answer is no, please move on to the next question.
2. Hold and shake the connecting cord. Afterwards, check to see if your Qubii App disconnected or not.
IIf the answer is yes, this means Qubii is not defective. Please try a different charging cable and try backing up again.
If the answer is no, please move to Question 3.
3. Please tap "Begin backup" and see which part Qubii will show disconnected.
- Disconnects at the same photo: For example, the Qubii App disconnects at No.23 each time you try backing up. This means there may be a bug with this certain photo, or others. You need to find out which file(s) it is and delete it.
How to find the image with bug?
- Go to Qubii App > settings > backup details > check "the latest backup date"
- Go back to iPhone camera roll > find the latest backup date photos > find the No.xxx image from the latest backup date >Delete 1-5 photos in your camera roll. (Don't worry, the deleted photos will be keep in the trash album. You will be able to restore them afterwards.)
- Then, go back to main menu and tap " Begin Backup" again to see if the issue is fixed.
- Disconnects randomly at different photos: For example, Qubii App disconnects at No.30 photos for the first backup, then it disconnects at No.53 photos for the second. If this is how it disconnects, it means there is some issue with the microSD card. Please reformat the microSD card and backup again.
If reformatting the microSD card still doesn't work, please use a different microSD card and back up again.
Because Apple iOS system require high quality microSD cards, the low quality microSD cards normally have slow reaction speeds. When iPhone can receives information from the microSD card within 5 seconds, the Qubii App will show as disconnected. The best way to fix this issue is to use a higher quality microSD card and start the backup process again.